kentucky racing & sales Supplement 2018
This B5-sized supplement will be distributed with the September 2018 issue of Thoroughbred Owner Breeder.
Similar to our 2017 Kentucky Sales Supplement, the 2018 supplement has been expanded to feature the major Kentucky racing schedule and yearling sales in September, October and November.
2018 SUPPLEMENT CONTENTS INCLUDE:
Stallions - mini biographies on key stallions we think will make an impact this year.
The canny buyers from Europe who buy yearlings in the US for sale at breeze-ups or to race, buying predominantly in week 2 of the Keeneland September Sale and October Fasig-Tipton Sale. What they look for and why it works for them.
The legacy of El Prado - looking at how the grey Irish-bred has influenced the breed.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders' Association - the important role the CBA plays in educating and influencing members who are responsible for 96% of horses presented at auction in North America.
Buying into the American dream - a look big money race options for all owners and breeders. You don't have to have a US-bred to compete! Races featured include:
- The Pegasus World Cup Invitational - the world's richest horse race
- The Kentucky Derby and Triple Crown series - featuring the European Road to the Derby
- The Breeders' Cup featuring the new Breeders' Cups races for 2018
- The rebirth of the "International" at Laurel Park
Trainers' perspective - how leading European trainers prepare horses to run in the US.
- Stallion progeny - by book - our unique reference to the Keeneland sale by stallion / book
- At-a-glance diary - guide to the Kentucky fall yearling sales and fall racing schedule
- European attendees - which trainers and bloodstock agents will be attending the sales
- Where to - eat and where to stay in both Lexington and Louisville + "other" things to do this Fall in Kentucky!