By visiting anderson-co.com or accessing and using our services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Anderson & Co Publishing collects and processes your personal data.
This privacy notice is provided in a clear format so you understand our policy more easily. Alternatively, you can download a pdf version of the policy here.
1. Who we are and how you can contact us
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of Anderson & Co Publishing which represents the following publications under the "Publications" menu. Anderson & Co Publishing is responsible for processing and controlling the use of your data for these publications including Thoroughbred Owner Breeder complimentary copies, where applicable.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice such as a booking proposal or order confirmation, we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please email these to email@example.com
Anderson & Co Publishing Ltd
In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the company is registered with the United Kingdom's Information Commissioner's Office as a data controller to collect information:
Data controller: Anderson & Co Publishing Ltd
Registered company number: 6834779
ICO number: Z954383X
Data Privacy Manager
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Anderson & Co Publishing Ltd, 14 Berwick Courtyard, Berwick St Leonard,
Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 5UA, United Kingdom
Telephone number: +44 (0)1380 816777 / + 353 (0)41 971 2000
2. The data we collect about you
The type of data we collect about you includes:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details only by express permission or those you have requested to be kept on file securely.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes your registered login data and anonymous browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website, as well as your journey through our digital platform (such as the links you click on and searches you make), which videos you have watched and for how long, what content you like and share, your subscription status, which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to and information collected in any forms you complete. We may also analyse which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms (e.g. enquiring for advertising).
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes anonymous information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties (Thoroughbred Owner Breeder, where applicable) and your communication preferences.
- We do not hold any Sensitive Personal Data.
3. How your personal data is collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions: You may give us your data by filling in forms, using our website, by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply to advertise within an Anderson & Co Publishing publication;
- attend one of our events;
- create an account on the Trainer magazine website;
- subscribe to our service or purchase our publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- surveys; or
- give us some feedback.
4. How we use your personal data
Provision of the Services. Provide and personalise our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
Communicating with you. Via email, phone and/or post about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
Promotion and Advertising. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Anderson & Co Publishing publications and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what editorial we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
Improving our Services. Analyse and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymised or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually. For example, if we learn that most Users of Paid Services use a particular integration or feature, we might wish to expand on that integration or feature.
Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
Third party relationships. Where applicable, to receive complimentary copies we may supply your delivery address for postage to Thoroughbred Owner Breeder.
Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes by:
Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one.
Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
To operate Anderson & Co Publishing and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
To provide and improve the Services, including any personalised services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our customers on a sustained basis.
To anonymise and subsequently use anonymised information.
Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
5. Disclosure of your personal data
Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Magazine circulation. Your name and postal address undergoes password protected transfer to our mailing house for effective distribution of our publications.
6. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any marketing, legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
7. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information (or that of your End Users) directly by contacting us on +44 (0)1380 816777 / +353 (0)41 971 2000 or at email@example.com to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us at the same email address.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.